Tuesday 21 April 2009

liPs 2 DA fLooR


back in liverpool now. its good to be back with ridiculous amounts of time to waste flicking ash in the wrong wine bottle.
i made a few rash purchases last night, finally bought my usb mixer i've had my eyes on for months which is good. but it now means i have fuck all money for the rest of the week so i can foresee a lot of time sat in my room losing my mind and downloading too much music.
the past few days i've been slowly getting into a lot of noisy american garage punk stuff. the one that stands out for me is wavves. it's the one man noise rock project of nathan williams. he's been compared to other californian garage bands like no age and HEALTH, all associated with the LA venue The Smell. his songs make me want to bask in the californian sun and take up skateboarding again. here's a track from his latest album, Wavvves. never before has noise been so fun.





Wavves - So Bored (MP3) - (right click to download)


x

No comments:

Post a Comment